• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Serious Tribute to Satyajit Ray- Birth Centenary

komaalrani

I'm looking forward to the release of '3 Rays,' as I'm more interested in that.

You can pre-order now, on amazon and may be on other sites too. Likely date of release is 17th May.

This book which contains, the published and unpublished works of the three Masters, 3 Rays, is like exploring the Mother Earth, and finding the rare treasures'. -- Gulzar, poet, lyricist and film-maker

u.sir.name

Hate girls, except the one reading this.
You can pre-order now, on amazon and may be on other sites too. Likely date of release is 17th May.

This book which contains, the published and unpublished works of the three Masters, 3 Rays, is like exploring the Mother Earth, and finding the rare treasures'. -- Gulzar, poet, lyricist and film-maker
:thanks: I didn't know about this....

u.sir.name

You seems to be a die hard fan of Satyajit Ray's work

Reactions: komaalrani

komaalrani

You seems to be a die hard fan of Satyajit Ray's work

yes, guilty as charged. I will request you to read this thread from the beginning, It has brief biography, books on Ray, books of Ray and some films.

Reactions: pprsprs0

u.sir.name

yes, guilty as charged. I will request you to read this thread from the beginning, It has brief biography, books on Ray, books of Ray and some films.
Sure, I'll get right to it. I don't know much about him besides his writing. I'd like to learn more about his other qualities as well.

komaalrani

Sure, I'll get right to it. I don't know much about him besides his writing. I'd like to learn more about his other qualities as well.

Thanks and today i will be listing some of his movies which are on you tube and on OTT so one can enjoy watching the master

Reactions: u.sir.name

komaalrani

Quiz on Ray

Q1 .Satyajit Ray is renowned for the design of the covers of various books and magazines. One of his earliest ventures into this passion was for a book on history which was written from the viewpoint of a freedom-fighter, and is concerned more with the philosophical and spiritual underpinnings of Indian culture than with recounting a historical narrative. Which book are we talking about?

komaalrani

Answer 1

cbe0f797-7567-4cbe-9e7d-469970ca0001.jpg

This cover for discovery of India was designed by Ray.

komaalrani

Q2 A proper noun connects Satyajit Ray, a mythological character who invented bucolic poetry and a tiny inner Saturnian moon. Name it.

komaalrani

Answer 2

6f720ea2-0c7c-475e-bca7-e88ce32ad0c2.jpg

Daphnis (Ray created the font Daphnis, Daphnis was a Greek mythological character who was a Sicilian shepherd and Daphnis is also one of the inner satellites of Saturn collectively known as “Shepherds of the Rings”)