• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Thriller The Killer ~ (Romance/Thriller) (Completed)

Rawat@7

Bad Is Never Good Until Worse Happens.
wp5907832-zombieman-wallpapers
Poster - 1

wp5907706-zombieman-wallpapers
Poster - 2

wp5907727-zombieman-wallpapers
Poster - 3

Poster - 4

Rawat@7

Prologue

A Good looking guy with a fair complexion, dark black hair, and chocolate brown eyes were looking inside the ICU through the mirror attached to the door. We can see mixed expressions on his face. Though he looked sad his eyes were spitting something unknown. He sat on the steel chair and waited for the doctor outside the ICU ward. This is his regular routine of visiting the hospital twice a day to know about his sister’s condition.

Rawat@7

Chapter 1

It was a rainy night. Darkness swallowed the capital (Delhi) completely as that was the very next day of “No moon day”. Adding to it, it was raining continuously but those obstacles didn’t stop Delhi cops from doing their duty. They were working under the downpour, wearing raincoats.

Police jeeps surrounded the particular building which was located in the main city. They had been gathered to investigate a murder. Even though they were not sure if it was a murder.

A woman was being burnt into ashes… her neigneighbours don't know about it as they didn’t hear her scream…, she, didn’t scream.

Inspector Aman concluded it couldn’t be suicide because he believed that NO WOMAN ON THE EARTH COULD HAVE BEEN THAT MUCH BRAVE NOT TO SCREAM WHEN SHE WAS ON FIRE. Of course, he was not wrong. How could a woman be not screaming when she was getting burnt? He thought logically. This is not the first case but the third case he is handling which happened in the same style. In the past three months, Delhi city faced this kind of death three times. But there was no clue about whether those are suicide or murder. The areas in which those deaths happened are the main and crowded areas. As same as the third case, the previous cases also held in the same style. No one heard the scream of the dead person, no one entered into the areas suspiciously, nor had the area people seen strangers.

One common similarity of the cases is that all the three expired people are MARRIED and WORKING WOMAN.

Inspector Aman tapped his forehead by the pen tip, closing his eyes. This case won’t come under suicide. If those are murders… who is doing…? Why….? Most probably… How... Without leaving any clues…? Not even a fingerprint. HE must be intelligent to plot these murders. What could the motive be?

Aman understood the challenge which was silently growing in front of him. What bothered him was… if those were murders, will HE stop here on or will he continue? If YES then it is going to be the biggest task for him.

CITY HOSPITAL

ICU WARD

A Good looking guy with a fair complexion... dark black hair...and chocolate brown eyes... looking inside the ICU through the mirror attached to the door. We can see mixed expressions on his face. Though he looked sad his eyes were spitting something unknown. He sat on the steel chair and waited for the doctor outside the ICU ward. He stood seeing the doctor.

Guy: How is my sister?

Doctor: She is still the same. No improvement. I already told you, she is in the coma stage. We can’t say when she will get out of it.

He nodded yes sadly.

Doctor: Don’t lose hope Mr Arnav. We will do our best.

Guy: Thank you, Doctor…

The doctor went inside the ICU to check his sister Sadana. The guy was Arnav Singh Raizada. His sister was admitted to the hospital. She was in the coma stage. This is his routine of visiting the hospital twice a day to know about his sister’s condition. Though he hears the same answer from the doctor he keeps asking. He never got tired of asking the same question. He left the hospital disappointedly.

…..

Aman was standing in front of the commissioner.

Commissioner: We decided to hand over the case to the special team.

Aman was upset knowing that. In the past three months, he couldn’t find anything about the killer. What could he do? There was no clue about the killer. And it took three months to get confirmed that those were murders, not suicide.

Commissioner: I want you to be in the team because you are the one who handles the case from the beginning.

Aman nodded yes.

Commissioner: Hope you will give your best to find the killer.

Aman: Gladly sir. Who is going to lead the team, sir?

Aman got delighted knowing the person under whom he is going to work.

Commissioner: Arnav Singh Raizada has been appointed for the special case. I hope you will make a good team.

Aman: Sure sir. But, the much I know, he was on OFF duty for many days.

Commissioner: Yes, he was not ready to rejoin. It’s me who forced him to take this case. He was not interested in the beginning and asked for time to decide. Finally… he is IN.

Aman huffed in relief. The whole department knows about Arnav’s skills. He will not give up until he succeeded. He could get inside the place where even air couldn’t… and come out from the place where even a fire couldn’t…

And more to it, Arnav was a friendly co-worker anyone likes to work with. He handles everything casually without getting angry which was liked by all. Don’t know why he got out of the department for many days. Aman heard how brisk and enthusiastic person Arnav was. By God’s grace, he is back. That’s what the department wanted.

Aman was so happy as he doesn’t want to be in UNIFORM as a special team allows to be in MUFTI. He was eager to meet Arnav as soon as possible.

To be continued…..

Rawat@7

Chapter 2

Arnav Singh Raizada was going through the case file. His face looked like crystal clear water. The file also looked the same. There was nothing in that. He kept the file aside and raised his head. Aman saluted him.

Aman: Aman Mathur reporting, Sir.

Arnav nodded yes.

Aman: Glad to be with you, sir.

Arnav: You may feel upside down soon.

Aman was bewildered.

Arnav (with stern expression): Working with me won’t be easy.

Aman: I heard it will be an awesome experience.

Arnav: Department is cheating on you guys. Don’t believe that.

Aman shrank his eyes thoughtfully.

Arnav: You are the one who was handling the case right?

Aman: Yes sir.

Arnav: I wonder, in the past three months, won’t you get any clues about the killer?

Aman: At first, we are not sure that those can be murder, sir.

Arnav: Why?

Aman: Because it is held in crowded areas only. No one entered the area suspiciously. And the person who got burnt didn’t shout, sir.

Arnav: Why not the person belongs to the same area?

Aman: No sir… all the three murders were held in different areas. If it was in one particular area then we can suspect, sir.

Arnav: Any CCTV camera footage?

Aman: No sir, at the time of the murders, the power supply got cut, sir.

Arnav: Was it happened all the three-time of the murder?

Aman(hesitatingly): Yes sir…

Arnav: then those must be murder. Someone should have cut the power supply before doing the murder.

Aman: You are right sir. But we didn’t find anyone entering the buildings. We checked the CCTV footage.

Arnav: Hmmm… any fingerprints?

Aman: No sir.

Arnav: What about the family members?

Aman: We inquired them, sir. We couldn’t get anything from them, sir.

Arnav: Let’s start from the beginning.

Aman: Sure sir.

Arnav: Who are the women?

Aman: Aradana Tiwari, Megna Dhata, Stella Mary.

Arnav: Tell me the details about them

Aman: It's all in the file sir.

Arnav: Won’t YOU (he stressed) tell me?

Aman: Sure sir…

Arnav: Shoot.

Aman: Ariadna was working in the Delhi high court as a clerk and resided in Indira Nagar. Megna was working in the revenue department and resided in the Government quarters of Sarojini Nagar. Stella Mary was a private-sector worker. Her house is in Laxmi Nagar.

Arnav: Any similarities?

Aman: All the three are working and married women sir. Their workplace, department, residence, and status everything is different. They studied in different schools, colleges, and most probably they have age differences too. So they couldn’t be the same batch.

Arnav: hmmm… What do you think? It will stop here on or….?

Aman: If the killer has enough knowledge about our department, he will stop knowing, who is handling the case, sir.

He tried to cherish Arnavv.

Arnav (plainly): So, you are the reason for the other two murders?

Aman(shockingly): Whaaat!

Arnav: Yeah… he would have stopped with the first murder if he had been scared about your skill. He continued because he knows you won’t get him right…?

It was a taunt but anyone needs very good talent to deliver it without a smile on his face like Arnav did. Aman didn’t expect his word can backfire him. He didn’t know how to react to it.

Arnav: I don’t like the person who prizes me in front of my face. Understood?

Aman nodded yes.

Arnav: I don’t think he will stop… he should have a motive behind this. He will continue… until he gets satisfied.

….

Arnav got down from the jeep and went to his flat. There was a death in his flats… on his floor… he never knew who was in the house. A couple committed suicide. Their four years daughter was calling them back miserably. Arnav gulped hard seeing the child. What dragged his attention was, a GIRL. She was screaming “Bhabiiiii…” Arnav amazed. A couple committed suicide. a girl was crying for her BHABI leaving her BHAI behind. How strange… She looked so pitiful. Her face became red. She should have cried continuously. Her fair completion showed her face more pitied. Her pinky face told him the story. The baby tried to wake her parents up. The girl hugged the child which made everyone around them sad. He heard people speaking about them.

Woman: Poor girl… don’t know how she is going to survive with the child all alone.

Woman2: Haan… her Bhabi pampered Khushi a lot like her own daughter….

Woman: It’s not easy for a girl to live in this society without a helping hand.

Woman2: Khushi doesn’t even know anything…

Arnav looked at the girl Khushi whom the women talked about. He went to his flat and closed the door. Don’t know why his mind wandered around the death sequence. After all, it was a typical police mind.

It was not hard for him to divert his mind. He easily does that with case files. But if he finds something weird, he faces a tough time with his mind.

Arnav didn’t have the habit of referring to the case file again and again. He just goes through it for once but thoroughly. He put the file down only when he gets clear of everything.

Taking one full hour, he charted the idea of how to take the case ahead and fell on the bed thinking about his tomorrow’s inquiry. He is having the very biggest task to handle. But in between that, he doesn’t know why his mind thinking about Khushi again and again. Her “crying face” was flashing even behind his closed eyes.

Next Morning

Arnav came out and locked his flat. His eyes fell on the opposite door which was being closed. He sharpened his ears and listen to whether he could hear anything from the house. But he didn’t… he left the place. When he came downstairs, he saw Aman waiting for him. Arnav liked his interest. They got in the jeep and the driver Mohan started the jeep.

Aman: What’s our first task, sir?

Arnav: We are going to meet, the first murdered, Aradana's husband.

Aman: He is working in the collector office, sir.

Arnavv: Go to the collector office and ask our team to reach there.

They travelled towards the collector office. Arnav gestured to Aman and he went to inquire. He came back in a few minutes.

Aman: His name is Akhilesh, working in the Adhar card department. But he was not at the office, sir. He became irregular after her death sir.

Arnav got down from the jeep and headed towards the Adhar card department and Aman followed him with a Sub Inspector. He saw a woman working on the PC. He introduced himself.

Arnav: I’m Assistant Commissioner Arnav Singh Raizada…

The woman got up from her seat.

Arnav: Please be seated. I just want a few answers.

Woman: Yes sir.

Arnav: Your good name?

Woman: Sita…

Arnav: Sita, tell me about Akhilesh and his relationship with his wife.

Arnav gestured to the sub-inspector and he started noting down her statement.

Sita: He is a very good man sir. He helps his co-worker without getting irritation…. is very sincere… very loyal. It’s very hard to find such a worker in a government office, sir. And about his marriage life, he had been married for ten years. He loves his wife very much. They shared very good bonding, sir… such a mutual couple. They were not blessed with a child but it never lessened the love for his wife. He was devastated after her death. He is not even coming to the office after that. He was never like this sir. He hardly takes leave before her death.

Arnav: Do you have his number?

Sita: Yes sir but… he is not attending any phone calls.

She gave them his number.

Arnav: Thank you for your information, Sita.

Sita: You welcome, sir.

They came out of the Adhar department. Aman was about to head towards the jeep but stopped seeing Arnav going towards the Election department. He followed him frowning. He saw the head of the Election department Tahsildar Hamid Ansari assigning work to his Zonal Deputy Tahsildar. He raised his eyebrows, seeing Arnav. Arnav introduced himself and Ansari shook hand with him. Arnav shot the same set of questions to Ansari and got the same set of answers. He thanked him and left his cabin.

Aman: Sir, he is working in the Adhar department and you are inquiring about him in the other department…?

Arnav: Sita said, Akilah is a loyal employee. If he is loyal, he must be popular in between the higher officials. Everyone knows him. And, we can’t close the file with one person because we don’t know what kind of relationship they share. In the workplace, no one could be good for everyone and bad for everyone. We will back to the collector office after meeting Akilah.

Aman: bravo sir…

Arnav: I told you I don’t like a person who prizes me.

He warned.

Aman: Sorry sir…

Arnav: We have to meet Akhilesh. Ask him where is he.

Aman: But sir, Sita told us that he is not attending any calls…

Arnav: Just try… however, we will go to his house.

Aman tried his number… as they expected he didn’t attend the call for the first time. He tried again and he attended… Aman told him the matter and he called them to his house. Aman disconnected the call.

Aman: It seems, his co-workers never called him for the second time.

He chuckled so did Arnav. They headed towards Akhilesh's house.

To be continued…

Rawat@7

Chapter 3

Akhilesh looked stony and so weak.

Aman: What happened that night?

Akhilesh: I was in the office that day. I was on additional duty as that was election time. My neighbour called me and said, something is burning in my house and my wife didn’t open the door when he knocked. I went to my house and saw my wife being burnt totally. I saw only her ashes in my house.

He cried.

Aman: Do you suspect anyone?

Akhilesh: She was a nice woman, sir. She won’t even talk louder. I don’t know what happened.

Arnav and the crew left the place without getting any clues.

Aman: What’s next, sir?

Arnav: Going to Taluk office…

They reached The Taluk office in half an hour. They got information as same as the first case. Arnav felt so blank.

They were about to get in the jeep, they heard “Jeejaji”. Aman closed his eyes annoying. Arnav frowned seeing his weird expression.

Aman: Sir, please ask Mohan to start the jeep.

Arnav: Someone is calling you I suppose…?

Aman: That’s why I want to leave sir…

A man rushed to Aman and hugged him happily.

Man: How are you Jeejaji…

Aman: Don’t you dare call me Jeejaji…

Man(rightfully): Why? But why? We have your Dadi’s promise. You have to marry my sister. Don’t forget that.

Aman: Then ask my Dadi, not me.

Arnav: Are you engaged?

Aman: No sir…

Man: Yes sir…I’m NanduKishore. You can call me NK. His Dadi promised my Dadi that he will marry my sister.

Arnav: Ohhh

Aman: Shut up. I don’t marry that fatty…

NK: Don’t tell her Fatty. She is healthier than us… with 110 kg… that’s all.

Arnav widened his eyes. 110kg….? he thought about Khushi who looked so thin.

Arnav: NK, what are you doing here?

Aman(irritatingly): Haann… what the hell are you doing here?

NK: I got a district transfer from Ghaziabad last week… especially for you… to meet you often.

Aman rolled his eyes.

NK: You tell me, what are you doing here? Did you come to meet me?

Aman: No… not at all. We came here for an investigation.

NK: Investigation…? About whom?

Aman: Megna Dhuta…

NK: You mean the one who got burnt?

Aman: Yes…

Arnav: You said, you came here only last week. Then how do you know about the woman who got burnt a month ago?

NK: I know more than anyone knows about her here.

Arnav: What about?

NK: She had the worst past, sir.

Arnav: Means?

NK: She got a voluntary transfer to Delhi only two months ago. Before that, she was working in Ghaziabad in the same office as me.

Arnav: Why did she get a voluntary transfer?

NK: She had an illegal connection with someone. That man’s wife got to know about it. she came to the office and scolded Megna in front of everyone and hit her by the slipper. Megna felt humiliated as she lost her dignity in the office completely. The man who had a connection with Megna decided to divorce his wife and his wife committed suicide right away. People started taunting Megna openly. So she applied for the transfer and shifted to Delhi.

Arnav: What about her husband?

NK: He is working abroad. He is unaware of her character it seems.

Arnav: where is he now?

NK: He went back to Saudi Arabia after her death.

Arnav: Thank you for your information.

NK: You are welcome sir.

Arnav: We will come for further information.

NK: Anytime, sir… for my Jeejaji…

Arnav controlled his smile, seeing Aman’s frustrating expression. They got inside the jeep.

Aman: It seems, something is there in the case.

Arnav: Every case has something in it. Do you have NK’s number?

Aman: Yes sir…

He said sadly.

Arnav: Why are you sad?

Aman: He is such an annoying fellow sir. Such a foodie his sister is. I don’t want to marry her.

Arnav smiled.

Aman: Do you know how NK prizes his sister? 110kg TajMahal…

He hit his forehead whereas Arnav controlled his smile.

Mohan dropped Arnav in his flats. He saw Khushi’s niece playing in the park with other children. He ran his eyes at the surroundings, searching for her Bua. But she was not there. The Baby threw the ball and it hit on Arnav. She ran towards him.

Baby: Sorry uncle…

Arnav: It’s ok…

Baby: Did I hurt you?

Arnav was amazed at her concern.

Arnav (smiling): No beta…

Baby: I’m not beta but beti…

Arnav: Ohh what’s your name?

Baby: Pooja…

Arnav: Nice name.

They heard… “Poojaaaaa”

Khushi was rushing towards them angrily.

Khushi: What are you doing here? I said don’t come out of the house…

Pooja: It’s boring to be at home Bua…

Khushi dragged Pooja wrathfully.

Arnav: She is a kid…

She looked at Arnav with the same wrath.

Khushi: It’s none of your business, mister. Mind your job.

Arnav: What does she know?

Without answering him, Khushi lifted Pooja and went towards the lift. Arnav followed her and got inside the lift.

Khushi: Why are you following me?

Arnav: I’m not following you.

Khushi got down on the third floor. Arnav followed her. She went to her flat, looking at him, turning again and again. She saw him opening the opposite flat and getting inside. Arnav closed the door casually.

Next morning

Pooja was crying not wanting to go with her Nani whereas Kushi was consoling her. Arnav stopped, seeing that.

Pooja: You also come with me.

Khushi: Look pooja… I have to go to the Taluk office today. You will get bored there. It takes a lot of time there. That’s why I’m sending you with, Nani. I will bring you tomorrow evening. Nani will play with you until then.

Nani: Haan beta…

Pooja: I’m not beta, but beti.

Nani: Yeah… (looking at Khushi) why not you come to our home in the evening?

Khushi: no maji, I have an interview tomorrow. I will prepare for it in the evening.

Nani: Ok fine. I will take care of pooja.

Pooja went with her Nani by auto whereas Khushi went on the opposite side to catch the bus.

Arnav removed his phone and dialled NK. He attended it right away.

NK: Good morning, sir.

Arnav: NK, you have to do a favour for me.

NK: Anything sir.

Arnav: A girl named Khushi will come to the Taluk office in a few minutes. Help her to finish her work.

NK: Sure sir.

Arnav: she looks fair and thin with hip-length silky hair.

NK: Is she your girlfriend?

Arnav was stuck.

Arnav: Don’t ask her anything stupid like this.

NK: Ok sir…

Arnav: call me after she leaves.

NK: OK sir…

NK waited for Khushi, cutting the call. She entered the office, in half an hour. NK recognized her by the identifications which were said by Arnav.

NK: Hi… Khushi right?

Khushi(perplexed): Yeahhhh…

NK: What can I do for you?

Khushi: I want a Death certificate for my Bhai and Bhabi.

NK: Ohh… give me the details. I will get it for you.

Khushi looked at him confusingly.

Khushi: It’s ok sir, just tell me what should be done…

NK: No no Ji… Arnav sir will get upset if I didn’t help you.

He snatched the proofs from Khushi’s hand and went to the particular department to get the signature of the officer.

Khushi (in mind): I think he is expecting some other Khushi. He should have misunderstood that I’m the girl.

NK handed the certificates to Khushi within an hour. Khushi couldn’t believe that her job got over. She didn’t expect that the toughest job would get over easily.

Khushi: Thank you so much….

NK: …Nandkishor… you can call me NK…

Kushi: Thank you NKji…

NK: Anything for Arnav sir…

Khushi wanted to say “I don’t know anyone named Arnav”. But before that, someone called NK.

NK: I have to go, Khushiji… see you.

Khushi: Bye…

She left the office in confusion.

Khushi’s job got over easily that day but Arnav couldn’t finish anything as no one was available for him who he wanted to meet. He sat in the office and thought about the collected details of the case. He didn’t notice the time that it was midnight. He left the office all fed-up as that day went in vain.

As usual, Mohan dropped him in the flats. Arnav headed towards the lift. He forgot the statement file in the jeep. He rushed out to call Mohan who was already left. That’s when he saw someone running towards his building via the main gate. He waited to see who that is. He got horrified as it was none other than Khushi.

To be continued…

Rawat@7

Chapter 4

Khushi stopped rushing, seeing Arnav standing at the building entrance, looking at her with a shocking expression. She composed herself though she was stunned. She was about to go passing him,

Arnav: Where did you go at this time?

Frowning at him like “who are you to ask me?”, she took a step ahead, without answering him. Arnav blocked her way coming in front of her.

Arnav: I ask you something…

Khushi: Why should I answer you? Who are you, man?

Without saying anything, Arnav removed his identity card from the pant pocket and held it above his shoulder.

Arnav: Police…. I can ask you anything if I suspect and you ought to answer me… right?

His voice was enough polite when he uttered it but it sounded strict.

Khushi swallowed hard, horrifying.

Khushi: Po…police…?

Arnav(nodding yes): Tell me…

Khushi: Ohhh… I went to meet my friend.

Arnav: at this time?

Khushi: we went to a movie.

Arnav frowned…

Khushi: My niece is not at home. I didn’t think I will get sleep so I agreed with my friend when she called me for the movie.

Arnav: What movie?

Khushi: STREET DANCER.

Arnav: In which theatre?

Khushi: REGAL MALL…

Arnav: It’s not safe to go to the movie at this time. If you want to watch a movie, prefer the daytime. Don’t you know what’s happening to girls, these days?

Khushi nodded yes, bowing down.

Arnav: You are living alone. You have to be careful… for yourself and for Pooja who has none other than you… think before stepping out of the house.

Khushi: Actually, my friend is going abroad that’s why I went to meet her.

Arnav: Maybe… but some THINGS won’t come back if we lost it once.

Khushi felt bad as she understood what THINGS he was talking about.

Khushi: Jee…

Arnav: Be careful…ask me if you want any help.

She nodded yes.

Arnav showed his hands towards the lift like, “Go” Kushi headed to the lift and he followed her.

They came out of the lift and went towards their respective flats.

Arnav: Good night…

Khushi: Good night.

They entered and locked the door.

Arnav was not satisfied with what Khushi said. She sent Pooja with her Nani in the morning, giving the reason that she has to attend an interview. If she has an interview, how could she prefer to go to the movie… that too a “night show”? She is not in the mood to enjoy movies as he knew how upset she was because of her Bhai and Bhabi’s demise. Yesterday, he witnessed, how sternly she spoke to him. She looked majestic but today, there was a lot of hesitation in her eyes. Something is surely wrong. Is she lying? But why?

Khushi was lying down on the bed, curling, hugging the pillow on her stomach. It seems she is crying. Her mind was scolding her for going out. It was indeed an unwanted action. See, how it turned horribly. The man who is in front of her flat is a policeman. What if he got to know about IT? He seems a strict officer. He will find it out if he gets anything suspicious. Don’t know how she will overcome it.

Khushi jerked as her phone ululated. She sat on the bed fearfully. She looked at the clock. It was 1:00 am. Who is calling her at this time? Till the date, she never got a call at this time. She took her mobile and saw “PRIVATE NUMBER” flashing on the screen.

Khushi (in mind): Private number?

She hesitated to attend it. It stopped ringing. But again it started to howl. Again the same PRIVATE NUMBER. She attended it.

Khushi: Who is this….?

“Kushi Gupta…..”

Khushi: Yeaaah…..

“I know you won’t sleep. You couldn’t sleep though”

Khushi: Who is this?

“Did you forget me? We just met”

Khushi widened her eyes gulping…

“Being a girl, you have guts to do THAT”

Khushi: I did nothing.

“Then why did you come to her house with a knife? You know she is dead...”

Tears started flowing from her eyes.

“I won’t do anything against you if you keep your lips zipped. Or else you will be behind the bars. Don’t try to do anything smart. I have your and your family’s complete history”

Khushi: Listen… hello… hello…

The call got disconnected.

Kushi fell on the bed, bursting out. She couldn’t sleep in fear. She was trembling like hell. Who is HE? How did he know her number? She just met with him last night. Within one hour, how did he get her number? How? Could he be a known person to her? He should be but who is he? It was clear that HE is the ONE who called her. But what connection he is having with her?

She clutched her hair, closing her eyes. Sleep was far away from her eyes. She became tired of crying. At last, sleep suppressed her strength and pulled her into its world.

Next day

It’s 10’o clock. Khushi hasn’t woken up yet as she didn’t get sleep for long. She jerked hearing a knock on the door. Her body became wet in a jiffy by sweat. Who is that? Could it be HE? The knocking sound increased… she looked here and there. She found a knife on the table which was being kept with fruits. Taking it in her hands, she headed towards the door. She looked through the magic hole. She couldn’t see anyone through the hole. She pulled the door wide and raised the knife to stab the person and got stuck, seeing Arnav. Arnav flinched back, seeing Kushi with a knife.

Khushi: You?

Arnav: Who do you expect?

Khushi: No one….

Arnav looked at the knife and then her face. Khushi threw the knife on the floor and stood in “attention” pose gulping.

Khushi: Ohh… I’m alone. I can’t trust anyone. That’s why…

Arnav was gazing at her suspiciously.

Arnav: Will you raise the knife, before knowing who is there?

Khushi: I’m sorry… Why did you knock on my door?

Arnav: Just to check before leaving whether you are alright or not.

Khushi: I’m fine…

She said looking down.

Arnav: Really?

Khushi: jee…

Arnav: It does not seem so…

Khushi was silent.

Arnav: Where are you going today?

Khushi: Where?

Arnav: You have an interview… right?

Khushi got stuck. How did he know?

Arnav: I will drop you if you want…

Khushi(hurriedly): No… no thanks… I will go…

Arnav: Are you sure?

Khushi: Yeahhhh…

Arnav nodded yes. Khushi was about to close the door and stopped hearing him.

Arnav: Don’t hesitate to ask me anything. Ok?

She nodded yes. Arnav left the flats, thinking about Khushi’s weird behaviour. He got a call from Aman.

Arnav: Haan Aman…

Aman: Sir, please come to Raj Nagar.

Arnav: Why?

Aman: Sir….

Arnav: What?

Aman: The fourth murder took place, sir…. in the same style…

Arnav: Whaaat! When?

Aman: Last night…

Arnav(to the driver): Mohan… go to Raj Nagar. (to Aman) Did you reach the place?

Aman: On the way sir as I just got the message.

Arnav: Ok. I will be there in a few minutes.

Aman: Yes sir.

They disconnected the call. Arnav travelled towards Raj Nagar. Before getting any clues from the previous murders, another murder? He sighed. He smiled when he passed the REGAL MALL. Didn’t Khushi say, she watched STREET DANCER Movie in this Theater last night? His smile got vanished seeing DABANGG 3 Movie poster in the Theater.

To be continued…

Rawat@7

Chapter 5

Arnav asked the driver to stop the jeep.

Arnav: Stop the jeep.

He pulled the break and the jeep stopped jerking. Arnav jumped off the jeep and entered the theatre. He directed to the manager room.

Arnav: I’m Arnav… assistant commissioner.

Manager: Yes sir…

Arnav: How long has the movie Dabaang been running here?

Manager: For the past one week sir.

Arnav: Any other movie as a special show?

Manager: No sir… only Dabaang is running for all four shows.

Arnav: Thank you.

He left the Theater and reached Raj Nagar where Aman has already started the inquiry.

Arnav: Shoot…

Aman: The murdered woman was working in the private sector. Her husband is a cloth merchant. He travels a lot to Surat. Yesterday also he went to Surat. We have passed him the message and he is returning.

Arnav: Bring her mobile…

Aman: No sir, no mobile found in this house.

Arnav: What about the previous cases?

Aman: As same as this one.

Arnav was thinking about mobile phones. The killer must be a good planner. He is following the same rules in all the murders. But he would have forgotten that the criminal would leave the clue unknowingly, no matter how cautious he is. In this case, also the killer should have left the clue. He brilliantly has hidden the mobile phones of the murdered persons. But why he is giving so much importance to mobile phones? What’s there on their phones? This means the mobile phone plays an important role in the case. Maybe…

Arnav removed his mobile and dialled someone. The call was attended on the other side.

“Hi, dude…”

Arnav: Hi Prince…

Prince: It’s great that Arnav Singh Raizada remembered this poor soul called Arun Prince.

Arnav: You may be spending with me in the upcoming days.

Prince: Really?

Arnav: Yup, for a case.

Prince: Say it at first… Arnav and calling me…

Arnav: Cool yaar.

Prince: Ok, what’s the case?

Arnav: Where are you now?

Prince: In Kolkata. Came with a task…

Arnav: when will you be back?

Prince: In two days.

Arnav: I will say you about the case in detail. Meet me when you reach Delhi.

Prince: Right away.

Arnav: That will be good for you.

He disconnected the call.

Arun Prince (looking at the mobile smiling): He won’t even change. He will arrest me if I don’t reach Delhi in two days for sure. Sale…

He smiled.

In the late evening

Arnav knocked on Khushi’s Door. She opened it, taking enough time, not showing a hurry. She smiled at him and Arnav reciprocated it.

Arnav: Where is your Niece? Didn’t she come?

Khushi: She is in the bedroom, playing.

Arnav: Ohh… how was the Movie?

Khushi: Movie? Which Movie?

Arnav: The one which you watched with your friend last night.

Khushi: Ohh… that one? Yeah, it was good…

Arnav: Do you like it?

Khushi: Of course…

Arnav: Who are the actors?

Khushi: Varun Dawan and Shraddha Kapoor.

Arnav: Then?

Khushi: Ohh…

Arnav: Didn’t you see anyone other than Varuna and Shraddha? Not even Prabhu Deva?

Khushi: Actually…

Arnav: Street Dancer is not running in the Regal Mall but Dabbang…

Khushi looked at him shockingly.

Arnav: Learn to lie and be careful when lying to a police officer.

He left the place leaving scared Khushi, letting her know that he caught her.

Khushi was trembling. She switched on the TV and watched the news. As she expected, the particular NEWS flashed. And for her shock, she saw Arnav in that. He is the one who is handling the case. She gulped. He found out that she didn’t watch the movie. It won’t be wise to be silent. She has to secure herself from his suspiciousness. She rushed towards his flat. She knocked on the door even though it was open. Arnav peeped from the Kitchen. He raised his eyebrows, seeing Kushi.

Arnav: Come in…

Saying he pulled his head inside the kitchen again. Khushi got inside taking only one step. Arnav came with two cups of coffee. Seeing her standing at the doorstep,

Arnav: I called you IN.

He said while extending one of the cups towards her.

Khushi: It’s ok, sir. Pooja is alone. I have to go.

Arnav: it takes only a few minutes to have it.

Khushi took the cup hesitatingly. Arnav was gazing at her sipping the coffee, expecting her to say something.

Khushi: Actually, I didn’t watch the movie…

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi: I lied because I didn’t want you to take me wrong and more than that I became scared knowing you were a Policeman.

Arnav: Only wrong people would get scared of us. Why you?

Khushi: Ohh… I just went…

Arnav: It’s your matter. I just wanted to warn you. That’s all.

He didn’t show her that he is suspecting her as she is already scared of him.

Khushi: Thank you, sir.

Arnvv: How did you do your interview?

Khushi: I didn’t attend it, sir, as I was late.

Arnav: Ohh… what’s your designation?

Khushi: M.Sc. Computer science.

Arnav: hmm…

Khushi: I should leave.

Arnav: Yeah…

She left to her house in relief. Arnav closed the door smilingly. At the same time, his phone beeped with a message indicating tone. He frowned, seeing a message from PRIVATE NUMBER. He opened the message and got shocked.

“It’s a smart move of bringing a HACKER into this case.”

Arnav horrified. He didn’t even disclose the idea to anyone. Neither to his high officials nor did with Aman. And no one knows that Arun Prince is a HACKER. How does someone get to know about it? Who is he? He wants Arun Prince to come to Delhi… immediately…

To be continued…

Rawat@7

Chapter 6

Arnav was reading the message again and again. He must be the killer. How did he know what he is doing? Is he tracking me? He is calling from a private number. How did he get the number? Where is he calling from? Let’s Arun Prince Come, everything will be sorted out. Throwing his phone on the bed he went to the kitchen.

Aman was crossing the City hospital by bike. He pressed the brake, seeing Arnav going inside. What he is doing here? Is he here regarding the case? He took a “U” turn and followed him. He inquired in the reception about Arnav.

Aman: Ma’am, what Arnav sir, is doing here? Is he handling any case?

Recep: His sister is admitted here, sir.

Aman: His sister?

Recep: yes, she is in a coma.

Aman: What happened to her?

Recep: I don’t know, you should ask the doctor about it.

Aman: How long has she been here?

Recep: For three or four months, sir.

Aman: What is her condition?

Recep: No improvement…

Aman was about to ask her more but backed off seeing Arnav descending the stairs. He left the reception hurriedly and waited until Arnav came out. He reached him before Arnav got into the Jeep.

Aman: Good morning sir…

Arnav was stunned seeing Aman in the hospital.

Arnav: Good morning. What are you doing here?

Aman: I came to meet my relative, sir.

As av: What happened?

Aman: She delivered a baby and she is getting discharged in the evening. So, I came as I won’t get time to visit in the evening.

Aman saw a trace of relief on Arnav's face. But why?

Aman: Why did you come here, sir?

Arnav: I came to meet my friend but he got discharged already.

He lied which made Aman frown. Why he is lying?

Arnav: Come on. We are going to the “Aspire promoters”.

Aman: ohh we are going to inquire about the third case, Stella Mary?

Arnav nodded yes.

Aspire Promoters is one of the best builders in Delhi. Its elevation itself told its success and skills. Its manager welcomed them with cool drinks. He felt bad for Stella Mary.

Manager: She was a sincere worker in our company, sir. Her demise is a big loss for our company.

Arnav: How does she move with her co-workers?

Manager: So friendly. She teaches to everyone without any ego or envy.

Arnav: Anything particular about Stella?

Manager: She falls easily for the eulogy. (he chuckled) If you want her to complete a work, just a few praising words are enough to recharge her. At the same time, if anyone degraded her, she looks upset for the whole day. It was very hard to bring her out of the grief.

Arnav: Ohh… interesting… Who was her friend?

Manager: Not particular sir… she spoke with everyone.

Arnav: Can I get your phone number?

Manager (extending the company card): You can contact me through office number because I won’t attend any outside call at home.

Arnav: Ohh… family seek…

Manager: Undoubtedly…

He laughed.

Arnav: Thank you for the information, sir.

He shook hands with the manager and left his cabin.

When they came out, the peon was distributing tea to the staff. Arnav gestured him to come out. He came hesitatingly.

Arnav: you know, I can take you to the station and make you spit everything if you don’t answer my questions.

Peon: Sir, why are you asking me, leaving everyone, sir?

Arnav: It's because peons know everything about the staff. As they roam in the office, in between everyone.

Peon: What do you want to know, sir?

Arnav: Tell me about Stella.

Peon: She was a nice woman sir…

Arnav: With whom she was so close?

Peon: She was not close to anyone, sir.

Arnav: But she liked the manager right?

Aman dropped his jaw…

Peon: Sir…. how do you know sir?

Arnav: He told me.

Aman(in mind): What a man he is….?

Peon: He told you?

Arnav: Indirectly….

Peon: Yes sir, he praises her a lot. She spends most of the time in his cabin.

Arnav: hmmm…

Peon: Sir, please don’t tell him what I told you.

Arnav: not at all…

He left the office with Aman.

Aman: Sir, are you suspecting the manager?

Arnav: No. he is not a murderer.

Aman: I mean… are you suspecting a connection between him and Stella?

Arnav: Yes…

Aman: Why sir?

Arnav: Didn’t he say she easily falls for a eulogy? Who else other than the manager could praise her to get the work completed? She should have fallen for his words.

Aman: But he looks middle-aged…

Arnav: So…?

Aman: And he has a reputation in the society…

Arnav(gulping down): Some dirty-minded fellows won’t think anything when it comes to LUST… they won’t care about breaking hearts and their beloved ones… all that they needed is LUST…

He said gritting his teeth. Aman looked at him awestruck. Why does he get emotional? Could this LUST issue be connected with his sister?

Arnav saw Khushi entering the supermarket with Pooja. He called Mohan.

Arnav: Stop the Jeep.

Aman: Why sir?

Arnav: Ohh… actually, I have to go to the IG office. You guys go to the office I will be there in an hour.

Aman: Ok sir…

Arnav got down from the jeep and Mohan started towards the commissioner office with Aman.

Arnav entered the Super Market and searched for Khushi. She was in the grocery section. Pooja was demanding her ice cream and Khushi was restricting her. Arnav went to the Toilet section which was the next section to the grocery section. He stood very much visible to Pooja, taking an “aftershave lotion” in his hand. As he expected, Pooja saw him.

Pooja: Uncle…

She shouted excitedly. Khushi peeped towards the direction and raised her eyebrows. Arnav reacted like it was unexpected. He advanced them smilingly.

Arnav: Hi…

Khushi: Hello, sir…

Arnav: What Pooja is asking?

Pooja: Ice cream….

Arnav: Is she having a cold?

Khushi: no… she won’t stop with ONE.

Arnav: Really?

Pooja (pouting): I like all the flavours…

Arnav: I have an idea… Let’s go.

Holding his finger, Pooja went with him, hopping, leaving jaw dropped Khushi. Arnav took her to the freezer and collected four small size ice creams. He handed it to her.

Arnav: It’s equal to one big size ice cream.

Pooja(hopping): Wow…

She became happy, seeing her favourite flavours. Khushi sighed nodding NO.

Arnav: You go and pick things. I will be with Pooja.

Khushi nodded yes and went to pick needed things. Arnav waited with Pooja until she finished the ice creams. Khushi came with a bag full of things. Almost it had readymade food items.

Arnav: Don’t you know cooking?

Pooja(giggling): She doesn’t know cooking.

Khushi(glaring at her): Actually, Bhabi never let me cook. She serves all my favourite food every day.

Arnav: You miss her a lot?

Khushi: Like hell…

She bit her lips to control the sob. But she couldn’t control her tears. It rolled down towards her chest, wetting her cheeks. Pooja’s eyes also pooled up.

Arnav: Hey… compose yourself. Pooja is getting emotional. Don’t make her confidence level low.

She wiped her cheek.

Khushi: We should go.

Arnav: I will drop you.

Khushi: It’s ok, sir. You just carry on.

Arnav: Are you sure? Will you carry this heavy bag?

Khushi: I should get used to it. I can’t expect someone to carry my burden. And it won’t happen all the time.

She chuckled painfully. Arnav was gazing at her sharply.

Khushi: Let’s go pooja.

Pooja: Are you angry?

Khushi: no…

Pooja: Then why did you call me Pooja? You always call me Pooju…

Kushi: I just… I’m sorry Pooju…

Pooja(happily): Okkkkeyy…

Khushi: Bye…

Arnav: Don’t forget that Pooja is watching you.

Khushi nodded YES and left. Arnav couldn’t resist thinking about his sister.

….

Khushi sat on the couch, leaning on its back. Pooja rushed inside and brought the water bottle. She extended it to Khushi. She took it smilingly and kissed her cheek.

Khushi: You have to go to school from Monday onwards. Ok?

Pooja: Ok…

Their attention got distracted as Khushi’s phone rang. Khushi’s body was drenched in sweat as it was from the PRIVATE NUMBER. Her hand shivered to attend it. But she has to… She swiped the green indication and heard.

“It seems, you got close to the police officer. Do you know he is the one who is handling YOUR case? Don’t you dare open your mouth to him? I warn you. Stay away from him. Don’t try to be smart. He won’t save you for your entire life.”

He disconnected the call.

To be continued…

Rawat@7

Chapter 7​

Khushi’s fear was not estimated. She trembled with tears. The PRIVATE NUMBER man threatened her by the current situation. That means, he is watching her moves. Is he around here? What if he does anything horrible? Why not? He will be capable of doing that. After all, he is a killer. He doesn’t want her to be close with Arnav who is handling the case. The killer doesn’t want her to say anything to Arnav. But how could she say him when she is also being trapped in the case? She dropped the knife in the house. What if Arnav found it? He could find her with the help of forensic experts. But what if the killer got the knife? What if he uses against her? She gulped. She has no other choice than stay away from Arnav.

Next day

It was Sunday. Khushi didn’t come out of the flat, not knowing how to avoid Arnav. But it was not that easy to avoid Arnav. He knocked on her door. Khushi opened the door and got stuck.

Arnav: Do you want anything?

Khushi: No thanks…

Arnav: Vegetable seller is there, at the gate.

Khushi: Ohh…

Arnav: You can buy from him.

Khushi nodded and went inside to take her purse and basket. Arnav was waiting for her.

Arnav: What Pooja is doing?

Khushi: She is watching Cartoon.

Closing the door, she went downstairs to buy vegetables. Arnav was still there standing. He thought Pooja may come out searching for Khushi. He was not wrong. In a few minutes, Pooja came out shouting BUAAAA….

She smiled, seeing Arnav.

Pooja: Is Bua in your home?

Raising his eyebrows, Arnav nodded NO.

Pooja: Where is she?

Arnav: She went to buy veggies…

Pooja: I’m also going.

Arnav: Wait… she will come.

Pooja: No…I want to go…

Arnav: Ok fine. Come. I will take you.

Pooja raised her hands, gesturing for Arnav to pick her up. Picking her, Arnav entered the elevator. When they came down, there was a crowd around the vegetable seller. Pooja got down from Arnav and ran towards the mini-park. She started playing in the swing and Arnav pushed her, making her giggle. Khushi panicked seeing them together. She ran her eyes in the manner of checking whether anyone is watching them.

As the crowd was heavy, she has to wait for her turn. In the meanwhile, Pooja enjoyed in the park. Khushi felt cool inwardly. Pooja always demands to come to the park but Khushi is not fond of these activities.

It was Khushi’s turn. She bought only onions, tomatoes and green chillies as she didn’t know cooking. These are enough to prepare readymade food like noodles.

Arnav frowned seeing them in her basket.

Arnav: is it enough?

Khushi: Haaannnn… enough.

Pooja: Bua… I don’t want noodles today but roti dall.

Khushi widened her eyes, nodding NO.

Arnav: Let’s have lunch at my home.

Khushi(hurriedly): No no… no thanks.

Arnav: But why? I cook well.

Khushi: It’s ok, sir.

Pooja (clutching Arnav’s hand): You eat noodles. I will eat with uncle.

Khushi: Pooju… it’s not good…

Arnav: Why? She is a kid… she used to eat her mother’s food. You should feel happy that she likes DESI food instead of FAST food.

Khushi (hesitatingly): She will bother you.

Arnav: Nothing is there to be bothered. (looking at Pooja) Chalo, Beta…

Pooja: I’m not Beta but Beti…

Arnav(chuckling): Ok beti… come.

Khushi looked at her surroundings fearfully while calling Devi Maiya for her help. Arnav went to his flat with Pooja. He stopped.

Arnav: I have no problem teaching you basic cooking tactics.

Khushi: No thanks, sir. I will learn through youtube.

Arnav: Ok…

Arnav switched the TV on. But Pooja didn’t show interest. She came to the kitchen and watched what Arnav is doing.

Pooja: You know cooking?

Arnav: Little bit…

Pooja: Your mother taught you?

Arnav (nodding no): My sister…

Pooja: Where is your sister?

Arnav got stuck…. he took a long breath. He never opens up with anyone about his sister. But don’t know why he likes to share it with this small angel.

Arnav(cutting onions): She is in the hospital.

Pooja(sadly): Is she having a fever?

Arnav: No…

Pooja: Then?

Arnav: She is going to give birth to a baby…

He told her the truth…

Pooja(excitedly): Wow… baby? What baby?

Arnav: Boy baby…

Pooja: Will you take me to the baby?

She asked curiously.

Arnav: I will take you after he is born.

Pooja: You know, my Mumma also told me that she will give me a brother. But before that God had taken her from me.

Arnav looked at her painfully.

Pooja: Will your sister allow him to play with me? I will look after him. I will teach him colouring like, your sister taught you cooking.

Arnav looked at her smilingly. How cute this small girl is… he caressed her hair.

Pooja: Do you like your sister?

Arnav: A lot…

The knife got slipped from Arnav’s hand. He bent down to take it and got stuck seeing Khushi standing. Arnav smiled at her.

Khushi: Is your sister admitted to the hospital for her delivery?

Arnav nodded no.

Khushi: But you told…

Arnav: she is in a coma… met with an accident.

Khushi: Is she pregnant?

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi: How many months?

Arnav: This is the eighth month.

Khushi: How is she?

Arnav: in the same state of the day when I admitted her.

Khushi: What about her husband?

Arnav(tightening his jaw): He is dead… in an accident.

Khushi: In the same accident?

Arnav: No… after a few days of her coma stage, he died in an accident.

Khushi: What’s the baby’s condition?

Arnav: He is growing with medical support.

Khushi: But what will you do after his birth? How will you take care of him?

She asked with concern.

Arnav: I don’t know…

Khushi: I thought only my life is dreadful…

She stopped, without completing it.

Arnav started rolling rotties.

Arnav(to Khushi): Will you try?

Khushi nodded NO hurriedly.

Pooja(giggling): She will make an Australia map…

Arnav laughed at her whereas Khushi glared at her.

Arnav: Do you know Australia?

Pooja: Mumma teased Bua once…

Arnav: Ohh… it happens often?

Pooja: Always…

She again giggled and Arnav joined her. They had lunch together chitchatting. Pooja arrowed a lot of questions about his sister and the baby. Arnav answered for a few and kept quiet for many.

Khushi: Thank you so much for the delicious lunch. We had a very good time with you.

Arnav: Me too.

Khushi: Thank you…

Arnav: Take Pooja to the park when you get time. She will be relaxed.

Khushi nodded yes.

Arnav went to the office after bidding bye to them. He had a lot of work regarding the case. He has to make everything in order before Arun Prince reached Delhi. But he stayed home for Khushi and Pooja. But it was worth doing though. He left for the office.

In the evening

Khushi took Pooja to the nearby ice cream shop which is next to their flat. She followed Arnav’s tactics. Four small ice creams in different flavours…. Pooja had it one by one, sitting on the cement bench. Khushi waited for her to finish. They got up as Pooja finished the ice creams.

They just took a few steps, in no time; a truck hit the bench at high speed where they were sitting on. Khushi lifted pooja in her arms and hugged her getting horrified. Thank God they left the place. If they would have sitting on the bench for a few more seconds then…. God…

She rushed to the flat and closed the door. At the same time, her phone yelled making her more fear. Her fear was right. It was from HIM. She expected this. He is going to threaten her for being close to Arnav. She attended it hesitating.

“Do you think yourself lucky not to get hit by the truck? (Kushi’s eyes went wide open in fear) It’s me who gave you the chance to survive. I could have hit the bench a few seconds prior. Don’t lose your precious life and the innocent child’s. Stay away from Arnavv. This is the last warning.”

He disconnected the call, leaving shivering Khushi.

To be continued….

Rawat@7

Chapter 8

Khushi came to the final decision of not talking to Arnav anymore. She warned Pooja also.

Khushi: Pooju, you should not talk to Arnav sir. Ok?

Pooja(sadly): Why Bua? He is so good na?

Khushi: Listen to me, don’t talk to him means… don’t talk to him. Ok…

Pooja(yelling): But why? I like him very much…

Khushi: Don’t you like Bua?

Pooja: Soooo much…

Khushi(clutching her hand): if you talk to him, Bua will also go to God…

She cried.

Pooja(wiping her tears): Don’t say like that Bua… Mumma and Pappa also went to God na…

Khushi: That’s why I’m saying, not to talk with him.

Pooja cried.

Khushi: I will take care of you… I will learn to cook… I will take you to the park… ok?

Pooja nodded ok crying. Khushi hugged her cursing her fate. She decided what reason she could give Arnav.

Next Morning

Pooja was ready to go to the School. She came with Khushi to catch the school bus. She saw Arnav talking on the phone, locking the door. She bowed down immediately which made Arnav surprised.

Arnav: Hi… Good morning…

Neither Khushi nor pooja wished him. They took the stairs instead of the elevator which made him more surprised. He rushed towards them.

Arnav: Hey… what happened? Are you all right?

Khushi: Sir, please try to understand. A girl who is living alone can’t talk to a bachelor like you. It’s horrible to hear taunts. I hope you won’t disturb us.

As av stood tightening his jaws. Looking at pooja, he took a step away from the path to let her go. Getting down from the stairs, Pooja turned towards him and looked at him sadly which hammered his heart.

After her sister’s accident… Arnav feels very concerned for the children who lost their parents. Khushi asked him a million-dollar question yesterday. “How will you take care of your sister’s baby?” being a bachelor, it's not that easy to take care of an infant. It’s very hard to survive without parents in the world. He and his sister had experienced it. They lost their parents when he was in high school. His sister Sadhana was the one who worked hard to get him to finish his studies. This is his turn to bring her child up. He felt bad for Pooja when she tried to wake her parents up, not understanding they were dead. It’s infernal to be left alone without parents. Yes, Khushi was right. This society is hell sometimes… it won’t understand people’s needs… it won’t miss the chances to taunt… the society's DESING is like that… hell…

Arnav went to his flat. Let Khushi back to her house. He shouldn’t disturb her nor make anyone raise their finger towards her. He fell on the sofa and closed his eyes, leaning on its back. He opened his eyes jerking, hearing a knock on the door. His face brightened. Could it be Khushi? He rushed to the door and pulled it wide and frowned, seeing Arun Prince. Is not he supposed to come tomorrow?

Prince: Hi dude…

He hugged Arnav…

Prince: Looking handsome than our college days yaar…

Arnav rolled his eyes.

Prince: How many girlfriends?

Arnav glared at him…

Prince: It’s trend dude… one is for chitchatting… one is for dating… one is for…

Arnav: Shut up… how come you come today, leaving your work?

Prince: Of course… but I don’t think my work will be thrilled than this murder care.

Arnav shocked…

Arnav: Wait… how do you know about the case? I didn’t say anything about it…?

Prince: You didn’t say but the killer…

Arnav(more shocking): Whaaat!

Prince: He challenged me, buddy…

Arnav: Challenged?

Prince: Kind of… indirectly.

Arnav: Don’t’ beat around the bush…. Tell me.

Prince: He sent me a message… from a private number… I tried to trace his location but I failed… this is the first time, I couldn’t find anything. He must be skilled and brave. Or else he won’t send me a message even after knowing I’m a hacker.

He showed Arnav the message.

“Welcome to the case. All the best to find me – Killer”

Arnav frowned.

Prince: See, how dare he is… instead of getting scared, he is enjoying my entry in this case. What he is up to yaar…?

Arnav was thinking deep…

Prince: Is anything hitting in your police brain?

Arnav: He wants the case to get popular….

Prince: Means?

Arnav: He doesn’t care about getting caught. He wants people to know about what he is doing and why he is doing it.

Prince: Ohh… it seems it will take time to reach the killer…

Arnav: No need… you have to do something.

Prince: Yeah… waiting.

Arnav handed over the list of phone numbers of the murderous.

Arnav: You have to take all the details of these phone numbers. Incoming calls, outgoing calls, messages, Whatsapp messages, Facebook chats, everything.

Prince: ohhh… I got your point. So you are going to find about the murderers and their characters?

Arnav nodded yes.

Prince: Ok… bring me a strong coffee. I will give you the details.

Arnav(stunned): In between the coffee making time?

Prince(smirking): Not all the cases… but one…

Arnav: Ohhh are you that skilled.

Prince: You know only flittering Arun Prince… today, you will get to know about the hacker…

Arnav raised his eyebrows folding his lips…

As Arun said, Arna got all the details about the four murderous women. Though Prince plucked them easily Arnavv needs at least half a day to read the message of ONE murderous. He sighed.

Arnav: Ok… take a rest. I will read it in my office…

Prince gave him the pen drive.

Prince: It will be easier to read if you take a printout.

Arnav: Yeah… I will.

Prince: Let me sleep for a while… after that, I will pull all the case's chats down…

Arnav: Go ahead.

Arnav came out. He couldn’t resist himself glancing at Khushi’s flat. Pooja’s saddened face flashed in his eyes. What would have Khushi told her that she got compromised? It’s not that easy to make a child understand the sensitive matter. He knew how Pooja enjoyed his company. She looked at him longingly in the morning. He reached the office thinking about those things.

Arnav gave the pen drive to Ama and asked him to take a printout of the messages. Amann smiled. It was Aspire Builders Stella Mary’s number. He wondered.

Aman: Sir, there are more than two thousand calls from the same number in the past two years, sir…

Arnav: Note down the number and give it to the Inspector, Eswar. You take the printout of that one particular number's chats first.

Aman: Yes, sir…

Arnav (looking at Eswar): Find out, whose number is that, through the CONTROL ROOM.

Eswar: Yes, sir…

Aman started to take printouts and Eswar was connected with the Control room. Arnav took a few printouts and went through them. He frowned. Those were kind of ORAL SEX.

At the same time… inspector Eswar found out the Owner of the number.

Eswar: Sir… it's Aspire Builders Manager Mr Ratan Sinha’s number, sir.

Aman looked at Arnav, who folded his hands across his chest smirking.

To be continued…