• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Incest in india

Who is your favorite partner in incest ?

• Mom

Votes: 197 47.5%
  • Sister

Votes: 144 34.7%
  • Cousin

Votes: 83 20.0%
  • Aunty

Votes: 89 21.4%

• Total voters

youknowwho

No it's not.

Dirty_mind

Love sex without any taboo
haan mujhe mila tha ek ladka jo apni mom ko chodta hai... and online to bahutere milte hain.. jo chahte hain... karna kisi na kisi ke saath.... aur man mostly sabka hota hai... thoda bahut ghuma ghuma ke...
India मे तो possible लगता नहीं है सब सिर्फ और सिर्फ फैंटेसी मे रहते हैं हाँ कुछ lower class झुग्गी जहाँ सारा घर एक साथ सोता है कुछ बाप दारू के नशे में अपनी बेटियों को चोद देते हैं

Dirty_mind

Do we really want to discuss it ? OK first thing first , what does the word mean. Secondly , legal position across word and in India and followed by sociological and social , cultural anthropological references along with the history.

let us begin with the meaning , and best way is to look into dictionary

Merriam Webster -
Definition of incest

: sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marryalso : the statutory crime of such a relationship

Examples of incest in a Sentence

Recent Examples on the Web

Under the administration of President Barack Obama, the government did not pay for abortions for teens in custody except in cases of rape, incest or a threat to the woman's life.— Author: Ann E. Marimow, Anchorage Daily News,
"Judge clears abortions for two immigrant teens in US custody Updates with court action," 19 Dec. 2017
Our great grandchildren will be arguing about the ethics of incest well after we're buried in the cold ground.—

Matt Miller, Esquire,
"There Will Be Absolutely No Shortage of Game of Thrones for the Foreseeable Future," 20 Sep. 2017

First Known Use of incest
13th century, in the meaning defined above
History and Etymology for incest

Middle English, from Latin incestus sexual impurity, from incestus impure, from in- + castus pure —

Oxford -

Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.

Before we proceed any further we must make a clear distinction between consanguinity and affinity as the taboo or restricted relations arise from both the categories.

Consanguinity means blood relations - like son and mother , brother sister born by same parents etc,

Affinity means related by marriage, adoption clan and lineage .

Now if we look into the definitions cited above they include two elements

a- Those persons who can't marry each other

b. Those persons ( who can't marry each other ) enter into sexual relations.

Thus if a male and female who can marry each other , do a sexual act , it will not incest. It is irrespective of the fact that they are married or not . It is different from adultery. Like suppose a person enters into sexual relationship with the sister in law of his wife ( Nandoi - Salahaj) . It will be adultery. They can;t marry also as they have living spouse and it will go against the laws of bigamy. However, unfortunately suppose both of them loose their spouse, and alone , certainly neither consanguinity nor affinity prevents their marriage. Thus that relationship will be not an incest .

Similarly , take a case of sister in law ( Bhabhi ) and brother in law ( Jeth / Devar ) . Here the issue are slightly more complicated. With elder brother ( Jeth ) the relationship is of ' avoidance ' and with younger brother ( devar ) , it is joking relationship , where certain levity is permitted. Now again look at the situation suppose both of them loose their spouse , marriage with Devar will not be frowned upon but with Jeth certainly is.

Thus the whole issue will revolve that in a particular society , ' who is permitted to marry whom. '

sexual relations between those who are not permitted to marry will be incestuous.

However, religious , social and legal situations will vary and it will also vary with time. Even in a same religion , there may be different customs and permissions in North India and there may be different rules in western , eastern and southern India , therefore there can't be a pan India answer. Most common example is daughter of maternal uncle ( mameri bahan ) now in Maharastra and Bengal and even in South India as for as i know it is permissible so a relationship with maternal sister ( mameri mauseri behan ) will not be incest but with Paternal sister it will be .

In South India marriage is more 'endogamic' ( close relations, known family ) while in North India, it is exogamic ( as far as possible not in Gotra etc) One can do a detail study in Irawati Karve's seminal work on kinship.

Tribes are totally different ballgame.

In many of them Polyandry ( number of brother marrying one woman ) is acceptable.

Polyandry was mainly prevalent in the Kinnaur Region, a part of Himachal in India which is close to the Tibet or currently the Indo-China border. Apart from Kinnaur, polyandry was practised in South India among the Todas tribes of Nilgiris, Nanjanad Vellala of Travancore. and some Nair castes. It is very common in the Jaunsar-Bawar region in Northern India. Now in these societies the ' normal' concepts will not work.

Even in same area acceptance' change , therefore it will be appropriate to look into various historical, social and legal dimensions to understand this concept rather than taking a general view. I will keep on sharing my limited knowledge .
Incest is sexual relations between two close blood relatives.
Polygamy is different issue.
In Hindu society especially in Sanatan Dharama 5 generations from father side and 3 generations from mother side is prohibited from getting married.
In Christian society also at least two generations from both sides are been prohibited from getting married.
In Muslim society both Shia and Sunni practices close cousin marriage and even marriage between step siblings are been practiced.
There are rumors that Moghul used to have sexual relations with own daughters

Scorpion

India मे तो possible लगता नहीं है सब सिर्फ और सिर्फ फैंटेसी मे रहते हैं हाँ कुछ lower class झुग्गी जहाँ सारा घर एक साथ सोता है कुछ बाप दारू के नशे में अपनी बेटियों को चोद देते हैं
It's gaining momentum in India too. There are several news regarding this type of incidences. Most of the families try to press the issue fearing of society condemnation. Single parent case is further helping in making the conducive environment for incest. People are just changing day by day and using different techniques of pleasure. :):)

Last edited:

Dirty_mind

It's gaining momentum in India too. There are several news regarding this type of incidences. Most of the families try to press the issue fearing of society condemnation. Single parent case is further helping in making the conducive environment for incest. People are just changing day by day and using different techniques of pleasure. :):)
Yes there was a news about a doctor of Kanpur, few years back who used to do oral sex with her own daughter.
The incident came into light when he arranged a sex party with his friends and introduced his daughter to friends.
Being her a miner girl one of his friend reported this to police

komaalrani

Incest is sexual relations between two close blood relatives.
Polygamy is different issue.
In Hindu society especially in Sanatan Dharama 5 generations from father side and 3 generations from mother side is prohibited from getting married.
In Christian society also at least two generations from both sides are been prohibited from getting married.
In Muslim society both Shia and Sunni practices close cousin marriage and even marriage between step siblings are been practiced.
There are rumors that Moghul used to have sexual relations with own daughters

Let me thank you for a very detailed reply to my post about incest. I had lost hope of getting any reply and I thought my attempt to trigger a discussion has failed. But your post belies that. Except for one small part, ‘ rumours’ … I think it was be a sad day when we will discuss things here based on ‘ rumours ‘ and we must be able to give the source like I gave the source of dictionaries for getting the meaning of incest.

One thing at a time, so let is discuss Hindu law and what you have mentioned is ‘ generally ‘ true but what is generally true may be specifically wrong so best thing is to have a look at law.

But before that let me raise a question suppose B is maternal sister of A ( mother of A is the sister of B's father ) , can A marry B ?

Hindu Marriages are governed by Hindu Marriage act 1955.

Section 5 of the Hindu law defines the conditions for marriage and let me put here verbatim-

5 Conditions for a Hindu marriage. A marriage may be solemnized between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:

(i) neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage;

2 [(ii) at the time of the marriage, neither party

(a) is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind; or

(b) though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children; or

(c) has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity ;]

(iii) the bridegroom has completed the age of [twenty-one years] and the bride, the age of [eighteen years] at the time of the marriage;

(iv) the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited ‘ relationship.

(v) the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;

Now there are two issues if we are within the prohibited relationship or spainda ( A and his maternal sister ) or not.

2 ( f ) defines sapinda relationship –

(f) (i) sapinda relationship with reference to any person extends as far as the third generation -(inclusive) in the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be counted as the first generation;

(ii) two persons are said to be sapindas of each other if one is a lineal ascendant of the other within the limits of sapinda relationship, or if they have a common lineal ascendant who is within the limits of sapinda relationship with reference to each of them;

2 g defines prohibited relationship –

degrees of prohibited relationship two persons are said to be within the degrees of prohibited relationship

(i) if one is a lineal ascendant of the other; or

(ii) if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other; or

(iii) if one was the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or of the grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other; or

(iv) if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters;

Thus if we look at 2 ( Iv ) Children of brother and sister can’t marry to each other . Thus A can’t marry his maternal sister.

Is it the correct and universal answer for any irrespective of his place of berth /origin.

The answer is a NO, a resounding NO.

If we have a re look at section 5 of Hindu marriage act, 1955 it says, ‘unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;’

Section 2 a of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 defines ‘ custom and usage’.

“ In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,

(a) the expressions .custom and usage signify any rule which, having been continuously and uniformly observed for a long time, has obtained the force of law among Hindus in any local area, tribe, community, group or family:

Thus for Hindu marriages customary law overrides codified law ( sapinda and degree of prohibited relationship).

Thus can A marry his maternal sister will depend they come from which part of India.

Bijoya Ray was the maternal sister of famous director Satyajit Ray and they married after a long courtship as such relationship is permitted by the customs and usage as defined in section 2 ( a) but prohibited by the concept of Sapinda and Prohibited relationship. Bijoya Ray was born as Bijoya Das to Charu Chandra Das, a barrister and Madhuri Devi, younger sister of nationalist leader 'Deshbandhu' C R Das's wife Basanti Dev.

That is why it is said that all generalizations are false, ‘ including this one’

You are right about Sapinda and Prohibted relationship but is overridden by custom and usage and in next post I will try to elaborate on the custom and usage and may be another post will cover Muslim Law.

Thus coming back to ' incest' , incest is a relationship with somebody whom i can't marry , but whom i can marry will be decided not only by the personal law by which i am governed but also by the ' custom and usage '/

komaalrani

……………….Customs and usage has been brilliantly studied by Iravati Karve in her seminal work , Kinship Organization in India. One can have a look at various excepts available on the net.

India has been divided into four zone and Northern Zone has more severe restrictions. However, many time if I belong to northern India I remain under the impression that it is pan India truth at least for Hindus , which is not correct.

Iravati Karve uses a comparative analysis to look out the four cultural zones with an idea to conclude on the regional pattern of social behavior in society. The different regions may show different local patterns. There are different types of caste due to the hierarchy and caste division and separation. Karve looks after all the process of accommodation and acculturation in the field of kinship. She analyzed 3000 years based on ethnic sources, folk literature, observations, and Sanskrit texts.

In northern India, we have (a) blood relation (b) affinal relations. There are essential terms for three ages of immediate relations and the terms for single age cannot be exchanged for those people who are from another generation

Features of northern kinship in India

Territorially

Taboos

Genealogy

Exogamy (local)

Endogamy gets restricted when caste is a concern. Marriage on a large scale of the area gets blocked.

Brahmanas and other upper castes practice the avoidance of fathers, mothers, grandmother and maternal grandmothers gotras in north India. Also known as the rule of Four gotras.

kinship in South India

The regions that come under south India are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and other regions that have people with different languages. It is complex to study the southern areas as they are dominated by the patrilocal and patrilineal system and in some areas matrilineal and matrilocal systems.

If we compare southern and northern kinship we can state that in southern areas we can say there is no difference between the family of birth and the family of marriage and in northern part we have a clear-cut difference.

So here we see marriages are used to strengthen the kin relationships with one another. In south India, there are two sets of a line that guide people or descents with whom one can marry and second with whom one cannot marry.

Mandelbaum, explains Dravidian kinship terminology

“can be derived from a few postulates, a principal one being that the children of brother and sister should marry. The term used for cross-cousin of the opposite sex (a man’s mother’s brother’s daughter and usually also his father’s sister’s daughter) has the connotation of a prospective or possible spouse. By extension, all potential mates are called cross-cousin”.

So, therefore, marriages are used to strengthen the ties among each other. It maintains unity and understanding among kin.

After all his analysis Nur Yalman says:

“ Brother and Sister must be separated but their offspring must also be united”

In Western and Eastern zones too cross cousin marriages are permitted. Normally it will be with maternal sister and not paternal sister.

You may ask why should we learn about these complicated anthropological / sociological issues?

My answer is very simple , some of you want to write about incest based stories or read about incest and for that one must know what is incest.

As I had discussed , ‘ sexual relationship with somebody who you can’t marry is incest. 'Therefore I must know I can’t marry with whom and it will be decided by custom and usage. Only with such a person it will be incest.

To give an example I write a story about a boy who has sexual relationship with his maternal sister and call it ‘ Incest’ tag it also as incest.

But somebody from Southern or Eastern zone or even Amchi Mumbai may say , I can marry my ‘ Mama chi Mulgi ‘ so how it can be incest ? and somebody may complain to mods.

This is why I thought let me just clairify with my very limited knowledge about Incest.

and that explains my failure to write a story based on ' incest'