• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

3rd T-20 Sri Lanka Tour Of India Chit-Chat Thread

Who will win today's match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PARADOX

ଗପ ହେଲେ ବି ସତ
images

images

PARADOX

ଗପ ହେଲେ ବି ସତ
When: India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20I on Friday, January 10 at 7pm IST

Where: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune

What to expect: The weather forecast is for a clear and sunny day through and through, unlike the overcast conditions under which Sri Lanka began their practice on Thursday. Chasing has been a (successful) trend in Pune in T20Is and should be the case on Friday too, given the expected dew cover. The pitch, on the contrary, has a notorious tendency to spring a surprise on both teams alike. There was a bit of grass on ahead of practice sessions, but with plenty of time in the sun thereon it could only prove a misdirection. Mickey Arthur went as far as hinting that Sri Lanka may be tempted to play both wrist-spinners on Friday if the pitch gets thoroughly baked.

Team News

India: The home side barely put a foot wrong in Indore to gain the series lead and should, in all probability, go unchanged unless a last-minute injury. Virat Kohli gave a sound reasoning for sticking with his more attacking spin options of Kuldeep Yadav and Washington Sundar - a host of left-handed Sri Lankan batsmen - and would likely persist with the same bowling combination from Game 2.

Probable XI: KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (C), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah

Sri Lanka: "In a hell lot of pain" after hurting his back during India's chase in Indore, Isuru Udana has now confirmed that he won't play in the Pune finale. Kasun Rajitha is the only pace-bowling replacement in the squad. Angelo Mathews, among the first ones to hit the nets in training, could slot in too at the expense of a pure batsmen in the middle order, for he also brings with him a wealth of experience that is bound to come handy as Sri Lanka aim to draw level. It could therefore be a toss-up between Oshada Fernando, who copped a blow to his hand in the nets in training, and Bhanuka Rajapaksa.

Probable XI: Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Perera (wk), Oshada Fernando/Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kasun Rajitha/Lakshan Sandakan, Lasith Malinga (C), Lahiru Kumara

What they said?

"I think pitches.. When the pitches offer a little bit for the bowlers, it's really good. Getting rid of the powerplay? I'm not sure. Look, I don't think spectators wanna come to games and just see sixes and fours. It gets a bit boring. I think you want to see bouncers and slower balls. You want to see the bowlers getting a little bit advantage. That could be spin bowlers as well. So, I think pitches. And ground size - the grounds are too small and they don't aid the spinners then." - Mickey Arthur on what could bring better parity between bat and ball in T20 cricket

"It was a tough one. I learned a lot of things and the biggest positive was getting to know that I could have planned things better. If I thought more and gave more time to myself, I could have performed better. In 2020, I will try to plan every game better and give myself more time, so I get more time to reflect on my game. You play a lot of matches but at the same time you have to give yourself more time to plan for the next game. I want to be more mentally prepared this year." - Kuldeep Yadav looking back on 2019

Teams:

India Squad: Lokesh Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Virat Kohli(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, Manish Pandey, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson

Sri Lanka Squad: Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Perera(w), Oshada Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lasith Malinga(c), Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis, Lakshan Sandakan