• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

1st T-20 Sri Lanka Tour Of India Chit-Chat Thread

Who will win today's match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PARADOX

ଗପ ହେଲେ ବି ସତ
images-3.md.jpg
images-2.md.jpg
imagesc4069f9cb0f31ab9.md.jpg

Last edited:

PARADOX

ଗପ ହେଲେ ବି ସତ
When: January 5, 1900 IST, 1330 GMT

Where: Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati

What to expect: It rained two days before the game but the forecast cleared up pretty significantly a day before the game. Expect plenty of runs and both teams will hope to chase. The winter chill has picked up as well and that means dew will be a key factor.

Team news:

India: Kohli stressed he sees plenty of runs in the track. And with that, it's highly unlikely the side will go batting heavy with Manish Pandey set to miss out. Navdeep Saini's pace and zip could give him the edge over Shardul Thakur to partner Bumrah. One of Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav will have to sit this game out with both Jadeja and Washington Sundar likely to make the XI.

Probable XI: KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini/Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav/Yuzvendra Chahal.

Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews has earned a call-up the squad but does his walk straight into the playing XI? It's likely both Kusal Mendis and Mathews will miss out as the visitors might opt to play all-rounders in Dasun Shanaka and Isuru Udana and back both Oshada Fernando and Bhanuka Rajapaksa to fill in the middle-order slots.

Probable XI: Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka fernando, Kusal Perera (wk), Niroshan Dickwella, Oshada Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Lasith Malinga (c), Lahiru Kumara/Kasun Rajitha, Lakshan Sandakan/Wanindu Hasaranga.

What they said:

"I believe it's going to be high-scoring. The pitch, the last time we played West Indies, was really, really good to bat on. We expect the pitch to play really well and it's going to be a challenge for the bowlers. Again, an opportunity to see which bowler reacts under pressure situations, and that's primarily our focus. If it's a batting-favourable pitch or bowler-friendly, the opposite skill will see interestingly how they step up" - Kohli.

"Bumrah is coming after injury and most bowlers struggle when they come back. We want to use that as an advantage. We know exactly what we are going to get from him. He's a wicket-taking bowler and we are prepared to face him. I know Bumrah really well but I am a bowler. I can only pass on the message to our batsmen. They want to be careful against him. I just feel they just need to be smart enough to handle him" - Malinga.

Teams:

India Squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah, Manish Pandey, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson, Shardul Thakur

Sri Lanka Squad: Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Oshada Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Kusal Perera(w), Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lasith Malinga(c), Lahiru Kumara, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis, Kasun Rajitha, Lakshan Sandakan

ura dhura

The rain has stopped and the pitch repair act continues with the vacuum cleaner.