• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Delhi vs Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
BSS Krishna Sastry says: Excellent batting from Pant. As an SRH fan, I would have loved to see my team win but gotta appreciate Pant's innings for his fearless approach and clean striking of the cricket ball. A factor (Warner-Bairstow) that helped (massively) SRH get into the playoffs.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
SRH in Eliminator:
2013: Lost to RR by four wkts
2016: Beat KKR by 22 runs
2017: Lost to KKR by seven wkts
2019: Lost to DC by two wkts

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Williamson - It was one of those surfaces that produces such close matches. I believed we had a competitive total after the first half, I knew it would be a tricky chase after the powerplay, with such totals there are small margins, we have been in a position of strength before and haven't nailed it, today was another such day, a little bit frustrating. Delhi played very well, they are a strong outfit and I think they deserved this win, think they will go all the way. We believed it was a winning total and it looked like it for a long time, they started well and had all the momentum, they had some quality players, as expected on this wicket we squeezed them back and got ourselves ahead, we weren't not very clinical with the catching or in our bowling, we weren't great today. It wasn't our best performance, a few things needed to be changed and it could have been a winning total. Warner and Bairstow were brilliant when they were here and they were prolific with the bat, we were without them for the last 2 or 3 games, but we still played very well despite missing them, just not quite getting across the line today. We can reflect back on some games, we had similar matches last time around and we were on the right side of those, not this time though, we were on the underside of those totals. We are building well as a franchise and the development process will have to continue.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Prithvi Shaw: All this is dedicated to my team as they have backed me quite well. I wasn't scoring runs in the last few games. All thanks to support staff, players and coaches for believing in me and giving the opportunity as well. I was a bit nervous but my coaching staff helped me. I believed in myself to get my form back and went in there and played my natural game. These kind of games I am always nervous. Rishabh Pant batted beautifully. Whenever we needed him, he is always there for us. Not really planned (for CSK). We will have fun tonight and leave the rest when we get to practice next. It is a big game against Chennai and we are going to prepare hard.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Shreyas Iyer: I can't express my emotions. It felt like I have been sitting and watching for years when it came to the last two years. I could see the happiness on everyone's faces. Hoping for another one against Chennai. Looking forward to the next game. But the start they got was really good on this track. We controlled in the middle phase. Mishi pa was exceptional as he conceded only 15 runs. The other bowlers did well to bowl economically. I personally feel you can't really control them (on Pant and Prithvi). When you stop a batsman like Pant or Prithvi, it hampers their mind and their flow. It was good that both of them came good tonight.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Rishabh Pant, Man of the Match: If you are set, you have to finish it for your team. Next time, I will try to finish it for my team as I got very close tonight. I just try to be positive. In T20s, you have to have a big over. We practice everyday with the same set of bowlers and we see the ball and not the bowler. Today, I didn't try to hit it too hard and focused on timing.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
DC have booked a date with CSK on the 10th of May. You can mark the same on your calendars. This after they fought tooth and nail tonight to get over the line. Their fidgety moments towards the end almost derailed them but Keemo Paul held his nerves to take them past the line. With this win, a Delhi franchise has won its first ever IPL knockout game. A wait of 11 years has ended. The wait to get into the finals is less than 2 days away and we will be back then to get you all the action.

The Immortal

Live Life In Process.
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.